Jan 22, 2012

Broken Home

This is a project that I thought about doing. The cross wasn't supposed to be broken, but my kid dropped it so she broke it and I thought it looked pretty cool, so it was still usable to put on the canvas.


So my bf asked me what this painting symbolizes and for me, it means that because this is a cross, since jesus was nailed to a cross, but since he "rose from the dead" the broken cross symbolizes his freedom, and his job to help mankind of their sins. Or it could mean that because he is supposed to be on a cross, it's broken, and it won't be fixed until he gets back on it, basically be put back in his place (no offense to anyone). So it could stand for something gd for god lovers, or something gd to non fans of religion, for me it goes either way, but I think the 1st option would suit a lot of ppl, and of course the gold is to show that it's shining.

I used that Goop glue again and put gold flakes down on it and kind of buffed it in, I wish I just left it alone the way it was, but I like what the gold represents. So this isn't complete just yet, I need to buy metallic red for the inside part of the cross, that way the gold symbolizes his freedom, or even greed for fortune, the red would represent his blood, and the blue stands for truth and strength. I'm not a believer, I just thought this would look cool but yeah...



This is in four stages as follows:






No comments:

Post a Comment